Making espresso in a French press is surprisingly simple and requires no fancy equipment. With just a few basic ingredients and some patience, you can make a delicious cup of espresso at home. Here’s how:
1. Gather Your Ingredients: You’ll need finely ground espresso beans, a French press, filtered water, and a timer.
2. Heat Water: Bring your filtered water to a boil and let it sit for a few minutes to cool slightly.
3. Place Grounds in French Press: Measure out 2 tablespoons of finely ground espresso beans and place them into the French press.
4. Pour Hot Water: Pour the hot water into the French press, being sure to saturate all of the grounds.
5. Start Timer: Set a timer for four minutes and cover the French press with its lid.
6. Press Down Plunger: When the timer goes off, press down the plunger slowly and evenly.
7. Pour and Enjoy: Once the plunger is completely pressed down, pour your espresso into your favorite cup and enjoy!
Making espresso in a French press is a great way to enjoy a delicious cup of espresso without any fancy equipment. All you need is finely ground espresso beans, a French press, some filtered water, and a timer. With just a few simple steps and some patience, you’ll be enjoying a delicious cup of espresso in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How much coffee do I need to make espresso in a French press?
A1. You will need approximately 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per 6 ounces of water.